Here are some parties that groups are throwing. Let's divvy them up for
signature-gathering. There's a map down below.
EVENTS ON FRIDAY EVENING
* 1) 6 PM - 8 PM Friday - panel sessions at Lowell High School (corner
of French Street and Kirk Street)
* 2) Deborah Goldberg, candidate for Lt Gov, "An evening of food and
fun", 7 PM - 9 PM, Doubletree Hotel, Hamilton Room, 50 Warren Street
(Goldberg is positioning herself as the progressive choice for Lt Gov).
* 3) Lowell Area Host Committee party - 8 PM to 12:30 Friday night -
The Brewery Exchange, 199 Cabot Street.
* 4) Sam Kelly, candidate for Lt Gov, 9 PM - 1 AM, Caffe Paradiso, 45 Palmer St..
* 5) SEIU 509 party for Jarrett Barrios - ice Cream Social - 8 PM - 11
PM, Doubletree Hotel. (Barrios is positioning himself as the
progressive choice for District Attorney)
EVENTS ON SATURDAY MORNING
* 6) Saturday 8 AM - 10 AM, Sen Kennedy and the Mass AFL-CIO "Welcome
Delegates Berakfast" under the tent behind the Tsongas Arena. (At this
breakfast lasttime, many delegates got annoyed with us speaking to
people while the big names were speaking. So be respectful of that and
get there early, then stay on the periphery when the big names speak).
* 7) 8:30 AM - 10 AM Saturday - more panel sessions at Lowell High
School (corner of French Street and Kirk Street)
* 8) 8:30 AM - registration begins at Tsongas Arena (delegates enter
Arena from 8:00 AM until 10:30 AM)
* 9) 10:30 AM - convention called to order (gavel).
* 10) Keynote by Sen. Kennedy, then special address by Howard Dean; then
presentation of the platform.
* A) We should assign people to every event above, items 1 through 8,
in advance (i.e., in our Thursday phone call). At least one person at
each event, for each petition. Two people is better.
* B) We keep an ear out for other events -- there will be more parties
on Friday besides those which were planned before publication time --
and we send people to those too. Report back to Bruce Taub in hi shotel
room, and he'll coordinate getting someone out to the new-found events.
* C) The biggest Saturday morning event is still the delegates' arrival
at the Tsongas Arena. Some will go to Lowell High, some will go to
Kennedy Breakfast, adn some will just go straight from the parking
garage to the Arean. We need to cover all three groups.
* D) The gaveling at 10:30 AM is the theoretical earliest time that
they could rquire us to have petitions done. I've heard from some
people that they will be sticklers this year, so we'd better figure on
that. So count backwards -- we need to have our petitions arrive at the
podium by 10:29; hence arrive at the inside CPPAX table by 10:20; hence
arrive outside the Arena by 10:10; hence leave Kennedy Breakfast by
10:00; and leave Lowell High School by 9:45.
LOCATION OF ALL EVENTS
The map uses the same numbers as the events list above.
The big red road is the Lowell Connector from Rt 3 and Rt 495.
Click on the image to the right for a printable version.